Friday, March 31, 2006

The rest of thoughts on Psalm 139

My best friend right now is Oswald Chambers and a book I am reading in my quiet time of his called, "Daily Thoughts for Disciples." I want to share with you some quotes about this verse we all love. "All of us are too big for ourselves. Thank God for everyone who realizes it and, Like the psalmist, hands himself or herself over to be searched out by God. We only know ourselves as God searches us. "God knows me" is different from "God is omniscient"; the latter is a mere theological statement; the former is God's child's most precious passion--"O Lord, you have searched me and know me."
You have to read even his quotes a couple of times or at least I do. I feel like I have just spent too many years trying to be "theologically" right and wish I would have spent more time truly sitting with Him and asking Him to search me!!!!! This Psalm is so sweet and intimate. If you don't feel that way about it read it again and again asking God to make it intimate to you. To really reveal things to you. He loves you and cares for you so much!!!!! You all have someone in Gorgia who loves ya too!!!! Jen I will try to not input this two times. Don't you people just laugh at me??? AJ!!!!

1 comment:

AJ said...

I love Oswald. I alternate reading him for a year, and then Streams in the Desert for a year.

So....when are you moving home? I am tired of you being in Georgia.....

aj